Traffic Engineering and Management (TEM)
The objective of TEM is to inform, induce and, if necessary, direct road users towards a safer and more efficient use of the existing infrastructure. It also assists in safeguarding the quality of environment and emphasizes a holistic network design, proper maintenance and operation of roads, and provides for a safe street design.
UMTC helps all those involved, in the design of traffic management measures, by planning detailed traffic engineering schemes to create safer streets and more livable public spaces.
UMTC's approach to help cities manage traffic efficiently
UMTC works in breaking away from the traditional methods in which our urban road network is designed and allowed to function, by promoting sustainable activities, such as cycling, walking and providing street vendor spaces. In all the comprehensive mobility plans prepared by us, emphasis has been given to non-motorized elements by giving them equitable road space. In addition, short-term TEM measures have also been recommended.
To promote sustainability and livability in towns and cities, UMTC has been involved in the following:
- Street design with focus on NMT
- Junction design for user safety
- Intelligent Traffic Management Systems / ITS
- Transport Demand Management (TDM) measures
- Parking Management
- Traffic Impact Assessments
- Detailed design of 100 junctions in the city of Hyderabad
- Junction design improvement and automation for Allahabad city
- Traffic improvement and management plans for the cities of Lucknow, Kanpur, Meerut, Agra, Mathura, Allahabad, Noida, Greater Noida and Mira-Bhayander
- Traffic Management and Impact Assessment for Gaurda Mall- Bangalore and Mysore
- Drafting Guidelines for Junction Design for Directorate of Urban Land Transport, Karnataka
- Concept Plan for a proposed traffic integration hub and property development along with connectivity around Baiyappanahalli Metro Terminus, Bangalore
- Street design, junction improvement, parking and hawkers management plan for 5 cities in Andhra Pradesh (Kurnool, Nellore, Ananthapur, Ongole and Srikakulam)
For detailed project information, mail us on email@example.com