Accessibility and Mobility Planning
While mobility is the ability to move around in cities, accessibility refers to the ease with which people may do so to reach their destination. UMTC has partnered with cities and state governments to prepare policy documents and develop master plans at various levels for sustainable urban mobility.
UMTC's approach to help cities enhance urban accessibility and mobility
Mobility Plans: UMTC prepares city mobility plans, offering strategies to integrate land use with a sustainable multi-modal transport system that is focused on moving people. These plans ensure priority to pedestrians, NMT modes and public transport.
TOD Plans: TOD plans are aimed at encouraging density and mixed uses by way of vibrant public spaces inclusive communities, as well as seamless intermodal connections along the mass transit corridor. This encourages people to live, play and work within accessible walkable distances from the public mode of transportation.
- Comprehensive Mobility Plan for Chennai Metropolitan Area
- Comprehensive Mobility Plan for the State of Goa
- Integrated Mobility Plans for Gurgaon–Manesar Region and Ahmedabad–Gandhinagar Region
- Comprehensive Mobility Plans for several cities in India – Faridabad, Warangal, Dehradun, Agra, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Shillong, Tirupati, Shimla, Mira-Bhayander, Kota, Shimoga, Davanagere, Tumkur, Udupi, Chitradurga, Bidar, Nagpur, Eluru, Kakinada, Ongole, Rajahmundry, Nellore, Kurnool, Anantapuram, Chittoor, Cuduppah
- Low Carbon Mobility Plan for Udaipur City
- Transit Oriented Development Plan for Nagpur and Kochi
- Decongestion Plan for the Walled City of Jaipur, Rajasthan.
For detailed project information, mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org