Reporting to: Sr Advisor
India is witnessing rapid urbanization and public transport deployment, especially buses, is gaining momentum. Further thrust is coming from new energy technology initiatives and emerging platform of electric buses and charging infrastructure.
Various demand and supply incentives are on the anvil from the Central, State and Municipal Governments/administration. National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP) 2020, Faster Adaptation and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles) (FAME), Green Urban Mobility Scheme (GUMS) are some tools to encourage use of electric transport especially buses, two/ three wheelers, electric rickshaws etc, and states / cities are aligning their policies too.
For public transport, electric buses are the emerging and long term sustainable option, with technology of power train, drive system, battery, energy management system and supporting electrification, renewable energy, and charging infrastructure bringing about the change.
The eco system comprising of government agencies, regulators, OEM manufacturers, operators, administrators, financers, bi/ multi-lateral agencies, is now understanding the long term impact of the electric mobility especially bus based transport.
UMTC is in the process of creating a electric mobility planning and project services division comprising of business, operations, mechanical, technological, electrical/ electronic experts to provide services to the stakeholders.
Job Description & Key Focus Areas:
- The resource should be a proven team player, have excellent communication, presentation, analytical, business structuring skills and should be willing to travel, engage with a senior officials / industry / R&D / academic experts and develop knowledge/ data base / literature for the UMTC Electric Mobility division
- Ability to independently work on delivery/projects and should be able to work in teams
- Overall project management including ensuring project delivery with quality outputs, client interaction and management etc
Specific Demands on the job:
- Job would demand extensive travel within India for acquiring business and delivery
- The candidate should be a Graduate in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Post-graduation/PGP/Executive Programme of 6/12 months in Infrastructure/Sustainability or associated would be an added qualification
Post Qualification Experience:
- Minimum 5 to 8 years respectively in areas of in the field of charging / energy infrastructure and desirable to be exposed to the field of transport/ automotive.
Competencies required :
- Good knowledge of Industry related softwares with excellent communication skills
- Well versed with making power point presentations, analytical and business structuring skills for the UMTC Electric Mobility division
- Ability to learn new concepts and work in a team environment
- Good conceptualization, planning and writing skills, high energy levels and perseverance and pro-active behavior
- Experience of handling project relationships across multivariate agencies.
- Should be a self-starter with dedication towards taking accountability of project delivery within time and to the desired quality