Bus-Based Public Transit Systems
Rapid growth in the number of motor vehicles has resulted in severe congestion and higher travel times in cities across India. Due to limited road space and lack of public transport infrastructure, it has increasingly become important to plan our transportation systems, earmarking dedicated space for public modes. Organized and reliable CBS and state of the art planning of BRT systems are the most viable, flexible and scalable options.
Cities, such as Rajkot, Surat, Ahmedabad, Hubli-Dharwad, Amritsar, Indore, Bhopal, Vijayawada and Bhubaneswar have implemented/are in process of implementing BRT system as a cost-effective public transit alternative.
UMTC has been an instrumental resource for state departments and is working on the planning, designing, development and implementation of bus-based transit solutions for various Indian cities.
UMTC's approach to help cities to enhance bus-based public transit systems
Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Systems: UMTC, with its extensive experience in the BRT system sector, is an advocate of adopting a holistic approach in planning and designing BRT systems. Integrated BRT systems combining prioritized dedicated lanes, accessible station spaces, rolling stock technology, operations and services, as well as ITS elements towards enhanced safety, efficiency and convenience for all road users is the principle for preparation of operational and implementation plans for BRT systems.
UMTC is a leading player in the preparation of DPR for BRT system projects, providing project management consultancy and transaction advisory services for these projects in India.
- Operation Plan and Project Management Consultancy for BRT System- Surat (40 Km)
- Detailed Project Report and Project Management Consultancy for BRT System- Amritsar (31 km)
- Detailed Project Report and Project Management Consultancy for BRT System- Rajkot (30 km)
- Detailed Project Report and Project Management Consultancy for BRT System- Ludhiana (28 km)
- Feasibility Study for Grade Separated BRT System- Delhi, India (East –West Corridor) (21 km)
- Detailed Project Report of Pilot Corridor of BRT System- Pune (17 km)
- Detailed Project Report for BRT System- Guwahati (11 km)
- Operational Plan and Detailed Project Report of BRT System- Pune
City Bus Services (CBS): A CBS is one of the most convenient and common public transportation systems that can effectively address the issues of congestion and meet a high travel demand. UMTC has been closely involved in the design and implementation of a safe, efficient and reliable city bus system in various cities of India under suitable PPP models.
UMTC provides the following services in the implementation of city bus systems:
- Bus service and operations plan
- Infrastructure planning and designing
- Implementation and business plan
- Procurement planning and transaction advisory
- Institutional development and capacity building
- Branding and communications
Representative Projects Cbs
- Advisory services for the development of CBS in Patna, Guwahati, Raipur, Bhubaneswar, Puri, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad and Bhopal
- Detailed project report for funding of buses under JNNURM (2013) for 68 cities in India
- Detailed project report for funding of buses under JNNURM (2009) for 34 cities in India
- Detailed project report under GEF- efficient and sustainable CBS for Mira-Bhayander city
- Management of operations of CBS- Nagpur
- Business plan for a feeder bus service to the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)- Delhi
- Planning, implementation and operations of 'Hop on Hop off' (HoHo) tour bus services- Delhi
- Preparation of Multi-Model Public Transport Implementation and Operational Plan for Noida city and Greater Noida – Noida connectivity
For detailed project information, mail us on email@example.com